Sr. Data Scientist
- Seattle, WA
The way the world works is undergoing enormous change. They're working remotely, on the go, and moving from one project to the next. And, they're collaborating across borders, time zones, and organizations. We built Amazon Web Services End User Computing (EUC) services to give companies the agility to respond to the changing needs of their workforce. Our vision is to be the best place for customers to run and access their desktops and apps from any device. Our business is growing immensely, and we are looking for a data scientist to help us achieve the next level of scale. More information about Amazon End- User Computing can be found here: https://aws.amazon.com/products/end-user-computing/
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to turn data into measurable business impact. In this role, you will use analytics, experimentation, and predictive modeling to enhance our products. You will also provide automated reporting so that we can track those results. You are results-oriented and can think big about big data with demonstrated success in using analytics to drive product success.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Master's Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, or Operational Research
• 4+ years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
• 4+ years professional experience in modeling and statistical analysis of large data sets
• Proven experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment
• Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, SPSS and SQL
• Proven experience in design and execution of analytical projects
• A fundamental grasp of statistics - can perform sample size calculations and reason through error distributions for A/B tests
• Track record of developing and implementing models using programming and scripting (Java, Python, R, Ruby, C/C++, or Matlab)
• Compelling communication and influencing skills and participation in winning the support of management and influence the course of major strategic decisions
• Experience partnering with product managers, designers and engineers to provide data support
• Demonstrated experience working in large scale databases and data warehouses
• Experience/knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques such as GBM, random forest, etc.
• Coding skills in one of the modern languages Java, Python, R
• Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau or Looker
• Experience in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, collaborative filtering, and natural language processing, experimental design, social networking analysis, feature engineering, etc.
• Understanding of big data and real-time processing systems and tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, Kafka, Storm etc.)
• Additional locations include: Cupertino, CA; San Francisco, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
If you like to work in massively scalable distributed systems and want to change the way people use computers - come join us in making history!
Back to top