Sr. Data Engineer
- Austin, TX
Imagine being able to build the Earth's most customer-centric company...in an organization that delivers a smile to millions of people every single day...and on a team that powers the recruitment of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through rich data insights and technological innovations. This is the reality of being part of Worldwide Operation's Talent Acquisitions tech team. Everything we do is driven through data engineering analytics, and we need leaders who are owners, who have a bias for action, and who have a deep desire to build....to make the previously impossible possible.
As a Sr. Data engineer in this team, you will be responsible for developing the data architecture components that scales for the ever evolving data needs of the entire Talent acquisition org. You will solve big data warehousing problems on a massive scale. You will apply cloud-based AWS services to solve challenging problems around: big data processing, data warehouse design, and enabling self-service. You will focus on automation and optimization for all areas of DW/ETL maintenance and deployment. You will work closely with the business intelligence engineers, recruiting leaders and the software development teams on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative problem solving to deliver actionable output. The role of a Sr. data engineer in Amazon requires excellent technical skills in order to develop systems and tools to process data as well as, but not limited to, the ability to analyze data. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Talent acquisition org.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Expertise in data modeling and knowledge of data warehousing, and ETL concepts
• 5+ years of experience in designing and developing data processing pipelines using big data technologies
• High proficiency in SQL
• Expertise in designing systems and workflows for handling Big data volumes
• Experience with a programming language (e.g. Java/C#) or a scripting language (Python/Perl) to process data.
• Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, Datanet, etc.)
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, and EC2
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top