Sr Data Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Sr Data Engineer, Self-Service Performance Advertising
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Analytics and Data Management team for Performance advertising organization is looking for a Data Engineering Manager (Big Data) to play a key role in building its next generation analytics tools and solutions that enables and grows Performance Advertising business. Are you passionate about Big Data and highly scalable data platforms? Do you enjoy building petabyte scale data platforms? And if you have experience in building and maintaining highly scalable data engineering platforms delivering insights then we need you!!!
In this role you will part of Big Data Platform team delivering the analytics needs of the commercial organization by translating business needs into scalable solutions. You will manage a team of Data and BI Engineers and deliver highly visible enterprise level solutions. You will have the opportunity to innovate and drive your vision to build platforms that scale with the business. You will improve productivity of our customers and help various teams across Advertising organization in meeting their goals by enabling them with predictive analytics and business insights.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• 8+ years of experience in building large-scale data/software systems with high performance, great usability and highly satisfied customers.
• Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building highly scalable pipelines.
• Detailed knowledge of cloud-based data warehouses, architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
• Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats.
• Solid understanding of big data echo system
• Excellent understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with emphasis on BI practices.
• Ability to create collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders and customers while managing expectations, managing concerns and risks, and communicating progress.
• Work with business owners and partners to build analytical solutions that answer their specific business questions
• Ability to plan roadmap, prioritize tasks, manage dependencies and deliver on time.
• Strong organizational skills and planning prowess, with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience hiring, retaining, coaching and managing a high-functioning team responsible for reports and visualization.
• You should excel in the design, creation, and management of large datasets, and have the analytical skills to answer tough questions for the business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Experience with Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, Scala and more!
• Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases - Redshift, Teradata etc
• Experience with distributed systems and NoSQL databases
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong analytical skills
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top