Sr. Data Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Amazon Last Mile tech is seeking an extraordinary Big Data Engineer to join the DSP Big data analytics team to work on Fleet management data pipelines.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth -- including how we fulfill and deliver customer orders. The goal of Amazon's Service Partner (DSP) Management Team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class experience through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile space.
The NA DSP team is seeking an exceptional Senior Big data engineer to join the team. This person will play a key role in providing the end-to-end data engineering solutions to support key business initiatives. If you are passionate about Big data technologies, strongly biased to go deep to find insights and build scalable real time analytical platform, relentless in ensuring data quality and reliability, and feel comfortable communicating with different levels of leadership, you are the candidate we are looking for!
You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data into the data lake. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will develop new data engineering patterns that leverage new cloud architectures, and will extend or migrate existing data pipelines to the architectures as needed. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in Big data platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of meaningful employment experience.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Big data engineering, ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
• Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL.
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive/Spark, AWS EMR, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda , Kinesis, Redshift.
• Proficiency in one of the scripting languages - python, ruby, java or similar.
• Experience operating very large data warehouses, data lakes and building streaming data pipelines.
• Master's or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Authoritative in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies.
• Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies.
• Demonstrate efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
• Sound knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture (lambda)- design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines, knows how to optimize the distribution, partitioning, and MPP of high-level data structures.
• Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top