Sr. Data Engineer, Consumer Marketing
Amazon Consumer Marketing drives customers to Amazon websites and mobile apps, and keeps customers engaged and delighted through a variety of innovative and advanced digital marketing channels and features. The Business Intelligence arm of the Amazon Consumer Marketing organization is looking for an analytically minded and technically sharp Senior Data Engineer to help scale its data infrastructure and democratize data access for Amazon-wide marketing stakeholders.
1) Designing the big data platform/solutions used to ingest and process Amazon-scale traffic data
2) Building end-to-end solutions that enable business stakeholders to self-serve their business intelligence needs
3) Coaching fellow data engineers and ultimately raising the bar of data engineering excellence across Amazon's Consumer Marketing organizations.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates out-sized business impact. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced and global team. It's a big ask, and we're excited to talk to those up to the challenge!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering).
- 5+ years of relevant experience one of the following areas: data science, data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- Expert-level proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
- 7+ years of experience as a BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources.
- Superior dashboard building capabilities (Tableau or MicroStrategy).
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts and tools (Python experience is a strong plus).
- Knowledge with statistical and/or econometric modeling.
- Experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementations.
- Demonstrated experience managing and prioritizing a project backlog.
- Demonstrated experience defining and driving an analytics roadmap.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top