Sr. Data Engineer, AWS Specialized Sales Org
- Perth, Australia
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Specialized Sales Organization (SSO) Analytics team! AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
The AWS SSO Analytics team builds Business Intelligence technology platforms for AWS's global sales business. We build, deliver, and operate data resources that provide the AWS sales organization with insights into all areas of business performance.
The successful candidate will be a member of an interdisciplinary team solving complex problems. You have a passion for Big Data and its supporting technologies and platform components. You will be an enabler for cutting edge modeling efforts, passionate about accessing, moving, processing, and managing data in a scalable and fault-tolerant way. You will work closely with business and technical teams to analyze and solve business problems. Your work will have an impact on the decision making of the AWS sales organization.
Key responsibilities include:
• Apply your knowledge of technology options to design and build systems that meet business needs
• Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models, and document design specifications
• Play a leading role in architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions
• Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques
• Effectively communicate with stakeholder teams
• If interested, manage a team of more junior Data Engineers
• Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar
• Advanced knowledge of SQL
• 5+ years of building ETL systems
• Proficiency in shell scripting
• Experience writing Python code
• Experience managing competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion
• Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience, providing information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
• Master's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams
• Experience hiring and developing the best direct reports
• Experience leading design and development of open data platforms using AWS technologies
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Kinesis, Athena
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top