Sr. Data Engineer, Alexa Music
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon's groundbreaking voice-powered devices. These devices are part of Amazon's vision to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. Alexa Music is a key Alexa domain, focused on delivering magical experiences that drive engagement with Alexa.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Data Engineer tech lead who is looking to help define how we instrument, organize, and store Alexa Music data for customer insights and analysis. In this role, you will work closely with Software Developers, BI Engineers, and Product Managers.
The successful candidate will be an expert with Data Engineering concept, Data Architecture design, performance tuning, data modeling and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will be passionate about people management and invested in people on the team. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model large eventing datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Document how Alexa Music services currently log data attributes and determine opportunities for additional logging to support insights.
• Drive new feature instrumentation by coordinating with Alexa Music dev teams, and act as the subject matter expert for all product data.
• Design and implement a scalable and durable data model for Alexa Music-original datasets.
• Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, from a raw log state to a readily-consumable dataset
• Created automated alarming and dashboarding to monitor data integrity.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
• At least one scripting language such as Python
• Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
• Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Experience architecting large scale BI solutions
• Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top