Sr Data Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Human Resources Operations and Analytics organization is a critical piece of the AWS flywheel. We are the curators of people data for the industry leader in Cloud Computing. As pioneers in this space, we get to answer new and interesting problems in the People Analytics space, always at scale, and across a variety of business and technical leaders. Our data is sourced from a variety of internal and external sources. The work we do enables leaders to continue to make industry shaking decisions with the knowledge that they are doing so based on reliably sourced and responsibly secured data. We own systems and database environments which are built with reliability and security as the foundation on which balances accessibility, speed, scale, and insight generation. Our systems of self-service data today will quickly evolve into self-service insights in 2021 and beyond.
Data Engineers are trusted architects and gatekeepers of this information. You will be responsible for designing and building scalable systems from day one. We never solve the same problem twice and data engineers on this team ensure that the systems can facilitate secure, repeatable, consistent experiments which will provide the right answer today and years from now. You will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists and business intelligence engineers to build data solutions on AWS for AWS to support our employees and customers worldwide. We are searching for a senior leader who will immediately raise the bar for engineers on the team and be able to help develop a vision for a team with multiple engineers from day one.
• 5+ Years of SQL experience
• 3+ Years of Scripting experience in Python or other scripting language
• 3+ Years of ETL Management/Data Pipeline experience
• 2+ Years of Data Architecture and Design experience
• 1+ Years of preparation of data for direct use in visualization tools like Tableau/AWS QuickSight
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related technical/engineering field
• Expert-level knowledge of SQL
• Proficient in Scala/Spark/Hadoop
• Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, EMR, S3, EC2, Lambda will be used regularly in this role
• Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
• Experience documenting technical/data systems for technical and business leaders
• Experience working with data scientists on research and machine learning problems
• Master's Degree in technical or engineering field
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
This team is domestically based in Seattle, WA and in the Arlington, VA area. Roles can be accepted for either local.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top