Sr Data Architect - Streaming
- Flexible / Remote
Are you a streaming systems specialist? Do you have real-time systems experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concepts, technical workshops, deliver implementation projects and create solutions and tools. These professional services engagements involve emerging technologies like AI, IoT, and Data Analytics.
This role will primarily focus on leading and helping our customers and partners with design, implementation and integration of solutions using Amazon managed streaming services . AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon MSK, Kinesis (KDS, KDF, KDA), Glue, EMR and more.
• Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, supporting consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth programs and Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice and creating packaged data service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include on-site projects to architect, design and build customer's data streaming implementations and helping customers to migrate existing self-managed and on-premises solutions to AWS.
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 7+ years' experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
• 3+ years experience building enterprise level streaming and real-time architecture
• Experience with Apache Kafka implementations
• Experience with Apache Kafka administration
• Experience with Kinesis Data Streams and Delivery streams
• Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Flink
• Current hands-on experience with at least two coding and scripting languages e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• AWS Associate level certifications
• Industry leadership in the fields of streaming and real-time processing
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Ability to earn customer trust and influence decision making at the strategic (CxO, VP) and the technical (Architect, Engineer) level
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Experience consulting for optimal design of analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Experience developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top