At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects as well creating solution and tools.
This role will specifically focus on helping our customers and partners in specialization of AWS NoSQL Services (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Neptune, ElasticCache, Timestream and more). AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as DynamoDB, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), ElasticCache, S3, ElasticSearch, Neptune, Timestream and more.
• Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth programs and Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs and whitepapers as well as creating packaged data service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects to architect, design and build customer's Amazon NoSQL implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing relational database systems to NoSQL databases.
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 5+ years experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
• Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and other data analytics applications
• Experience with tools such as Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop (HBase)
• Expertise in OLTP and OLAP systems design and performance optimization
• Experience with RDBMS and SQL
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Current hands-on experience with at least two coding and scripting languages e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting
• Experience consulting for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Experience developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elasticsearch or other NoSQL solutions
• AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Industry leadership in the fields of database, Analytics or data sciences
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Ability to earn customer trust and influence decision making at the strategic (CxO, VP) and the technical (Architect, Engineer) level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.