Sr. Data & Analytics Customer Delivery Architect
- Flexible / Remote
Location is flexible anywhere in the US.
AWS is known for its unwavering customer obsession. Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS data and analytics services that align with the new ways of managing people and re-architecting critical processes to compliment the new cloud paradigm.
The Sr. Data & Analytics Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services Intelligence practice. The CDAs are responsible for partnering with a Professional Services' team to dive deep into a customer's business outcomes, to collaboratively propose technical approaches during sales pursuits, and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal data and analytics Professional Services engagement. They have the unique ability to put together cutting-edge solutions that bring together data using a combination of deep technical knowledge, sales/business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged on a part-time basis with that customer, Amazon team, and project/ program to provide oversight resulting in high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is a hybrid role requiring exceptional sales support and delivery skills. The person in this role will come with a unique data and analytics expertise, strong interpersonal skills, experience in selling and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers and their success using AWS to align with the desired business outcomes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in selling, designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, data and analytics solutions (Data Lakes and Data Warehouse/MPP) to AWS platform
• In partnership with the ProServe sales and account teams, educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and, participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class data and analytics solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• Partner with others to formulate and execute a data strategy and architecture to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical resources within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
• Contribute to the creation and delivery of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 8+ years of progressive experience in designing, developing and deploying Data, Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
• Experience in architecting and building data lake solutions using Spark, Hadoop, or equivalent on-premises or cloud technologies
• Experience with transactional database and data warehousing environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, or Data Warehouse/MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum)
• Experience with other database and analytical technologies including NoSQL, data storage, data migrations, BI reporting and analytical Dashboard development
• 4+ years of progressive experience to support sales of large-scale multi-million-dollar professional services engagements like data and analytics strategy, full-cycle data lakes and data warehouses implementations for large organizations and deliver business value to customers
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• Demonstrated experience self-starting or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous demands from internal / external stakeholders and Customers
• Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales teams to drive adoption of IoT Solutions into top accounts
• Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly, e.g. Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and IoT; One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytics Cloud solutions
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top