Sr. Customer Solutions Manager - Public Sector / Healthcare
- New York, NY
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is committed to helping US Education entities deliver essential services and innovative new services to their constituents faster and more cost effectively. As our customers continue to deal with COVID and the challenges of a post-COVID world, this work has never been more important. The Senior Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) is an essential part of the AWS Account Team, working closely with our most strategic customers in the public sector or healthcare industry to support their mission and accelerate their time to value with the AWS Cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Senior CSM you will combine business acumen, technical depth and project management expertise to take ownership of all phases of your customer's cloud journey. You will dive deep to understand your customer's mission, business goals and constraints so that you can plan and advocate on behalf of your customer with intimate knowledge of their business. You will use your customer knowledge and work across AWS sales, solutions architecture, and professional services teams to drive successful cloud migrations, and support the organizational change essential to sustainable cloud adoption. You will strive to earn the position of trusted advisor to decision makers across your customer's organization by leveraging your unique combination of skills to solve complex problems that exceed expectations.
Day to day you will serve as the primary point of contact for your customer on all information technology related questions, and will work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to define needs, identify appropriate resources, set goals, develop schedules, and communicate to all necessary parties. Additionally, you will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. You will identify gaps and opportunities in your customer's organization, and mobilize programs to train and educate staff on cloud best practices, fund proofs of concept for innovative new ideas and promote a cloud-first mindset across the organization.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You will be successful in this role, if you
• Have the ability to solve complex technical and non-technical problems and an outstanding ability to communicate with both IT and business audiences.
• Leverage your unique skill set to influence direction, see around corners and help drive secure and robust customer solutions on the AWS Cloud.
• Are detail-oriented, self-motivated and committed to delivering results.
• Have professional maturity, good judgment, and remain calm under pressure.
• Have a track record of successful negotiation, influence, and leadership skills.
• You are analytical and are data driven in decision making
We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We value people committed to discovery and learning new skills. We want you to be passionate about our customers, delivering great experiences, and excited to be part of a world class team delivering exceptional results on the AWS Cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of experience leading complex IT programs with large-scale impact.
• Familiarity with cloud concepts and the technical ability to pass the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification within six months of commencement.
• 5+ years working with US Public Sector and/or Healthcare Customers
• Bachelor's degree in STEM field, or equivalent industry experience.
• Professional or Associate-level certification in one or more AWS technologies.
• PMP or related project management certification.
• Excellent understanding of Agile, Scaled Agile and Scrum methodologies.
• 5+ Years of program management experience
• Experience delivering solutions on the AWS Cloud or a competitive Cloud platform.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top