Sr. Customer Solutions Manager (Multiple West Locations)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to help customers realize sustained business value by accelerating their migration to the AWS cloud and build cloud native, modern solutions. You will utilize AWS best practices developed over thousands of engagements to work backwards from the customer strategic objectives, help design the customer cloud journey, execute a frictionless migration experience, and ensure our customers capture the full potential of the AWS cloud. CSMs are technologists with a strategic business mindset and use their technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to influence a broad range of multidisciplinary teams. You will work with aligning sales, solution architecture, support, product, professional services, and partners to optimize customer outcomes.
You will earn trust at all levels of the customer organization and identify strategic opportunities, cloud use cases, establish roadmaps and actionable program plans, capture success criteria, build advanced technical architectures, allocate resources to technical and change management activities, and establish programmatic governance. You own and drive execution excellence for the end-to-end customer engagement (technical, operational, organizational, and educational) across traditional IT teams and business units.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You will pay attention to detail but have the ability to think big on behalf of our customers. Bring a cool head, a business outcome mindset, extensive technical background, excellent problem-solving abilities, and be an exemplary verbal and written communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team's decisions and help us drive robust customer solutions. We are passionate about people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and contributing to a team goal.
At AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have 10 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate excellent customer engagement skills through all levels of an organization including C-Suite
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
• Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
• Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement
• Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practice implementations
• Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
• Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team
• 7+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, IT or technical or engineering programs and projects
• 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, leading and engaging with customers, technologists and/or partners
• Experience in a lead role supporting large technology driven transformation projects
• Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to work across functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
• Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel up to 15% as needed
• Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
• Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Effective written and oral communication skills spanning executive leadership, business, and technical disciplines
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements
• Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification
SEVERAL ROLES AVAILABLE IN: SAN FRANCISCO & IRVINE
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top