Sr Customer Insights Manager (Business Analyst III)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Insights is a customer research program that helps selling partners better develop, launch, and grow their products. The program conducts research with Amazon customers on a company's behalf, and provides them with relevant data and insights in order to improve customers' experience while shopping on Amazon.com.
Amazon Insights aims to re-shape the way traditional customer research is done, by bringing customer obsession to our selling partners: targeting specific segments of real Amazon customers in order to obtain insights that are easy to implement in their product detail pages, or in their product features themselves.
Business Analysts at Amazon convert data into actionable business insights. As analysis experts who leverage a variety of data platforms, they leverage analytical tools to provide timely, meaningful, and consumable information. They build deep contextual and domain knowledge. They ensure data quality and build scalable tools. They communicate findings with the most effective and influential methods. As our program continues to expand, we are looking to add Business Analysts with a focus on Consumer Insights to support the following tasks:
- Solve complex and ambiguous analytic projects of the broader organization
- Derive recommendations from analysis that have impact on multiple teams and provide significant business value
- Influence other teams to ensure deadlines are met; hold stakeholders accountable
- Effectively manage project resources; create solutions to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
- Influence development roadmaps to build scalability and automation into reporting and analysis
- Improve the quality of our existing recommendations and reports
We welcome candidates with a background innovating and delivering at scale for a global program in market research operations. The Business Analyst of Consumer Insights will be trusted to operate independently without supervision and will be assigned to focus on areas ranging from those with a defined long-term strategy aimed at scaling and automation to those areas where custom research solutions are key. As the program submissions are always in flux, the ability to manage processes and pivot as needed are key for success.
If this sounds like an exciting challenge, then we would like to hear from you!
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7-12 years of experience in operations, e-commerce, retail, research and/or insights.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative skillsets with an eye for design and visual representation of data
• Highly analytical, able to create targeted recommendations from raw data
• Experience working directly with stakeholders and customers
• Versed in survey software and big data problems
• Project management skills
• Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools (e.g. SQL)
• Advanced degree in consumer testing or an MBA with a focus on marketing / consumer research
• Experience managing big data and creating metrics
• Project Management certification
• Email marketing experience
• Operations management and/or agency consulting experience
Back to top