Sr. Customer Insights and Marketing Analyst
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon's European Fashion team is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Customer Insights and Marketing Analyst (m/f/d) with strong customer obsession and relentless focus on improving the customer experience. This role can be based in Germany, the UK, France, Italy or Spain.
Are you analytically sharp, keen to make a difference? Would you love to take on the challenge to drive customer demand for some of Amazon's most diverse and challenging product categories? You will become part of the wider marketing team supporting the Fashion Category teams across Europe, including Apparel, Shoes & Bags and Jewelry. Thereby, you will work closely with other Business Analysts and Business Intelligence Engineers across the Fashion team. This role exists in a challenging environment with responsibility for five countries, within a fast-growing office.
As a Customer Insights and Marketing Analyst you will help us make effective decisions based on data from multiple sources, compiling it and triangulating it into a digestible and actionable format. In this highly visible role, you will use and create reports to analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders. You will analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve complex business problems and build metrics and business cases around key performance of the business. By combining your findings with qualitative research you can develop an even deeper and holistic understanding of customer behavior. The ideal candidate will use a customer backwards approach in deriving insights and proactively identifying actions we can take to improve the customer experience and conversion.
• Work as a business partner with marketing, finance and category teams in order to tackle customer-related business challenges and evaluate marketing performance with a data driven approach.
• Leverage marketing and customer reporting tools to generate customer insights that can be used by the marketing team and key stakeholders. Analyze data and perform root cause analyses to understand customer behavior and engagement while leveraging ETL and SQL when necessary.
• Partner with your teammates and relevant stakeholders to combine the generated data with external and qualitative data from market research and marketing agencies to understand and explain the "Why" of customer behavior.
• Maintain a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of customer metric definitions, and interact with business leaders to give context and support them in interpreting reporting data.
• Conceptualize and run analyses that generate insights on customer behavior and customer needs to help further develop and improve our value proposition and marketing strategy.
• Provide an insightful interpretation of results, pro-actively generate ideas, formulate and communicate recommendations that drive action. This way, enable the marketing team to improve the customer experience and our customer relationship management (acquisition, engagement and reactivation).
The ability to identify and scope a problem, formulate relevant questions, draw relevant data and provide insights from the data is critical for the role. The ideal candidate (f/m/d) would also have an excellent business acumen to be able to interpret the data in context, a restlessness to answer "why?" questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For this position, we expect:
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics or related quantitative discipline.
• Multiple years of relevant employment experience.
• Expert in writing SQL scripts.
• Solid communication skills and team player.
• Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture.
• Strong drive for results and ability to take calculate risks.
• Ability to work in a diverse team
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• Several years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role.
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA).
• Experience with large-scale datasets.
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau/Quicksight.
• Familiarity with AWS & redshift environment.
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top