Sr. Customer Experience Manager, Customer Service
We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly detect, design, and drive solutions to directly improve the Amazon customer experience. We do this every day by solving complex business and technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
The Senior Customer Experience Manager is a core member of the America's Voice of the Customer (VOC) team, using customer insights from the unique perspective of Customer Service (CS), and leveraging the strategic engagements with some of Amazon's most critical business organizations such as Prime, Retail and the Merchant Marketplace, to relentlessly identify and deliver large scale critical customer impacting solutions.
The CS Customer Experience team has a 360-degree approach to continuously advocating for, and driving improvements on behalf of our customers; 1) Eliminate – detect, solution, and resolve customer-impacting issues upstream by providing relevant and timely insights into the product development cycle as seen by downstream events, 2) Automate – continuously assess and identify opportunities to provide automated, self-service solutions for our customers when and where needed, and 3) Optimize – when a customer does contact CS for support, relentlessly optimize the CS experience by ensuring CS associates have the tools, resources, policies and protocol to exceed the customer's expectations.
The life of a Sr. Program Manager, Customer Experience includes, (but is not limited to):
- Advocate on behalf of the Customer during all business engagements to ensure a consistent and valuable experience.
- Drive people, process, and technology initiatives to optimize the Customer Support experience end-to-end.
- Deliver product/program quality improvements based on Customer feedback and core Customer Service performance measurements.
- Use business analytics and intelligence to provide insight to all relevant product/project stakeholders to create and drive change to improve the Customer experience.
- Identify opportunities to develop and drive solutions to enable automated tools and applications for Customer self-service related to Help and Information.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Leader: Significant experience leading teams, whether directly or indirectly, to consistently deliver valuable results.
- Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion.
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end projects, working through the many obstacles along the way across multiple teams and organizations.
- Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges.
- Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience as a large program leader
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with product management teams and product development lifecycle processes
- 3+ years large scale solution development and delivery
- 2+ years of experience with operational support management
- 2+ years in process mapping and optimization modeling
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top