Sr. Content Acquisition Manager - Podcasts
- New York, NY
Amazon is changing the way people listen to music and podcasts. Amazon Music now offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience, Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand, subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of over 70 million songs, and Amazon Music HD provides the highest quality streaming audio. We continue to innovate, building a world class audio experience around the world, by making strategic data-driven decisions that start with the customer.
We're looking for a Sr. Content Acquisition Manager to join our team in Los Angeles (or New York City), with experience in podcast and/or spoken word content, to identify and on-board new podcast partners, negotiate content deals, secure additional rights from existing partners, and to help create and execute acquisition strategies across podcast categories.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of work experience in a content acquisition, licensing, or business development role with the ability to manage relationships with media executives.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify, prioritize, on-board and manage relationships with content partners
• Execute mid to large-sized opportunities independently in support of larger team initiatives
• Work closely with internal teams including Product, Legal, Finance and Marketing to achieve positive negotiation outcomes for Amazon and content providers
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music's strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
note role can sit in Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
• 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
• Experience with SQL
• A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• BA/BS Required
• Strong understanding of the podcast or audio landscape and associated business models
• Experience in content acquisition within entertainment (TV, Film, OTT, audio, podcast or media)
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Proven bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Back to top