The Team: Members of the team are entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly-collaborative startup-like environment.
The Role: We are seeking a Sr. Construction Manager who will manage various construction projects across the country. This Seattle based position will be part of an exciting, fast moving and growing business team. The right person for this job will be an entrepreneurial self-starter with dedication to seeing projects through to the end. You will have an eye for detail and determination to turn-over high-quality work. You will be an integral part of the team that works cross-functionally to deliver results. If you thrive in an ever-changing environment, then we want to talk to you!
This position will closely manage external contractors and vendors throughout the process. Oversight of vendor performance is critical. This position involves direct contact with both internal and external parties, and this candidate must have a professional demeanor and ability to communicate effectively with business partners at every level, including upper management.
Our ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, well respected in the industry and able to work backwards from our customer needs. This person is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense curiosity. You must be able to work independently in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing and ambiguous environment. The right person for this position will take ownership of their work, display a great deal of initiative, and possess sound judgment and a great business acumen.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 8+ years of construction management experience demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction/facilities industry.
• Experience managing multiple projects with the ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, being responsible for overall project delivery including all FF&E and construction.
• Responsible for on-site supervision during the construction process to include management of General Contractors and vendors.
• Experience participating in the design development process to collaborate and value engineer construction methods to reduce time and cost.
• Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements / work-orders)
• Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Able to work with technical and non-technical business owners/partners to overcome obstacles and deliver results.
• Strong organizational skills and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate.
• Strong data analysis, problem-solving, and project management skills. Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.