The Amazon Risk and Compliance Services team is looking for a Sr. Compliance Manager to lead global screening programs for our payments companies. This role plays a critical part in ensuring that the right mechanisms are in place to meet internal policies and external requirements across our global payments companies in order to support the growth of our online stores.
The Sr. Compliance Manager will lead a small global team charged with supporting sanctions screening project management, program planning, and reporting for multiple high visibility programs globally. You will work with a cross-functional team of software developers, analysts and investigators, and regional compliance and legal teams, driving initiatives that meet sanctions compliance standards, balancing cost and customer experience objectives.
• Serve as a compliance risk advisor, partnering with legal, technical, and business teams to measure and to mitigate sanctions risk through appropriate control implementation, testing, and (where necessary) remediation.
• Leverage industry awareness and risk management expertise to optimize the design of compliance solutions to both meet our customer experience bar and effectively address compliance risk.
• Working closely with technical teams, set the success criteria and oversee user acceptance testing for front end investigator tooling and back end matching capabilities.
• Monitor program KRIs and KPIs, analyze data, and partner with other internal teams (e.g., engineering, finance, compliance, technical operations) to identify process and system risks and improvement opportunities.
• Maintain comprehensive, current, and high quality program documentation that clearly outlines program standards and current controls.
• Communicate product and program level Sanctions risk and represent controls to leadership, business and technical teams, and external parties (e.g. regulators).
• Advise and oversee teams charged with Sanctions compliance operations and program maintenance, specifically managing escalations arising from sanctions screening processes and coordinating associated internal and external reporting.
• Lead program team. Set and balance individual and team goals to be contributory to department and organizational goals, actively participating in headcount planning, and craft development plans to support individual career advancement.
• BA/BS, professional certification such as CAMS, CRCM, or CRP
• 5-7 years of prior experience in Sanctions risk management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
• Relentless drive for results, particularly in ambiguous and fast paced environments
• Demonstrated ability to challenge the status-quo and champion best-in-class solutions and problem-solving
• Able to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
• Proven track record of implementing scalable compliance solutions (technology, procedures, processes, etc.) in a regulated environment
• Ability to execute projects requiring cross-organizational alignment and prioritization
• Payments or e-commerce background preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us