Senior Communications Manager, Keynotes Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing is looking for an experienced communications manager who is passionate about cloud technology and storytelling. The ideal candidate will be adept at synthesizing complex product messaging and customer stories to create keynotes that are compelling, timely, and relevant to technical audiences. They will be naturally curious about the customer experience to ensure that AWS keynotes provide audiences with actionable insights and guidance. They will look for creative ways to inspire cloud practitioners to learn and experiment with AWS services. The candidate must have experience working with, and writing for, executive-level speakers. This role will require collaborating with a range of internal stakeholders across engineering teams, marketing, business development, and AWS regional sales teams to surface customer anecdotes, success stories and relevant technical messaging.
This position must sit in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance offered from within the US only.
• Develop the messaging priorities and content for AWS keynotes
• Distill service category messaging and customer stories into crisp and compelling narratives for AWS senior leadership, presenting customer challenges and technical offerings in a clear and relevant way.
• Manage and coach executive keynote speakers for both high profile in-person and online events.
• Manage the graphics design process with agencies and the design budgets for keynote projects.
• Measure the effectiveness and impact of keynotes messaging and speakers to ensure continuous improvement of the process.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Marketing Communications, or related field
• 8+ years of outbound executive communications or content development experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company
• Experience writing and editing narrative, scripts, and presentations
• Experience creating on-stage and video-based keynote storyboards, staging, and scripts
• Experience developing and implementing strategic plans from ideation and delivery to measurement and evaluation
• Experience managing complex, high profile projects
• Experience managing annual budgets, agencies, and vendors
• Experience with CRM/Salesforce.com, Qualtrics, Tableau, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.