Sr. Communications Manager
- Redmond, WA
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. We are seeking a talented and creative communications professional to help us tell the story of the value of T&C and our offerings to the AWS organization.
As Sr. Communications Manager, you will be responsible for building the communication strategy that raises awareness for T&C across a variety of internal audiences within AWS. You will create messaging and content to articulate the value of T&C to internal audiences, and leverage internal communication channels and tools to amplify information and updates about our business to AWS teams, driving awareness and engagement. A focus of this role will be partnering with T&C stakeholders to build communication plans and package resources that support sales and field enablement initiatives. You have excellent writing, editing, and communications skills, and the ability to work backwards from an internal customer to put forward a professional, clear, consistent message in the appropriate communication channels (e.g., blogs, videos, newsletters, email, wikis) based on target audience(s). The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer and communicator, a creative marketer with experience driving engagement, and a big thinker who can develop a holistic strategy and also roll up their sleeves to get things done.
• Define and manage the communications strategy and plan to amplify T&C initiatives to internal AWS audiences.
• Work cross-functionally to define key themes, messages, and objectives to drive awareness, engagement, and adoption of T&C offerings and resources by internal stakeholders.
• Write compelling and effective messaging and content for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) blogs, newsletters, announcements, videos, presentations, and events.
• Employ innovative marketing and communications tactics that expand program visibility, and motivate internal audiences to take action.
• Work effectively across teams within T&C, Marketing, Delivery, and Field Enablement to achieve business goals.
• Build relationships and drive interlock with other internal communications teams in AWS.
• Track and report metrics on effectiveness of content and messages to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze, and tune messaging to maximize conversion.
• Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
The Role can be based in Seattle, Washington or Northern Virginia/Washington DC. Other U.S. locations where AWS has a presence will be considered and include Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, and Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $107,000 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
• 7+ years of communications or marketing experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
• Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
• Experience creating and editing content: digital, written, video, and visual communications materials.
• Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/technology marketing experience preferred.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
• Experience working with internal communications platforms and tools (e.g., SocialChorus, Slack, Wikis)
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
• Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
• Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
• An agile, flexible individual with a "can-do", problem-solving attitude and approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment.
• A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
• Experience influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top