Sr. Commodity Manager
- North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It's a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across globally, and is driven by data and metrics. The Supply Chain team is seeking an experienced Commodity Manager with a strong background in global supplier management and executing strategic sourcing plans related to new product introduction for electro-mechanical assemblies that support the Robotics mobile robots program.
Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion. This Commodity Manager role is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to our mechanical and electro-mechanical kitted components commodity which consists of the suppliers, materials, and components necessary for sustaining production and new product . The Commodity Manager leads supplier sourcing and selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials that support production requirements. This role will work collaboratively with multiple business functions in a team environment and will be responsible for the following:
• Managing overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability , capacity planning, contract negotiation and execution, risk identification and mitigation, cost reduction projects, and quality improvements.
• Collaborating with technical operations, hardware engineering, and program teams on supplier selection and technology roadmaps for new product introduction programs.
• Developing efficient and accurate mechanisms for communicating forecast and capacity requirements for sustaining and new products.
• Maintaining monthly supplier scorecards and conducting quarterly supplier executive business reviews.
• Supporting the purchasing and planning teams by monitoring supplier performance and addressing supply and/or quality issues.
• Aligning supplier strategies to Robotics objectives for sustaining production and new product .
• Developing a commodity and supplier technology roadmap, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
• Ability to travel to supplier's domestic and international manufacturing sites when normal business travel practices resume, approximately 25%.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in supply chain, commodity, and supplier management in a high volume, global sourcing and operations manufacturing environment.
• 5+ years of experience working with a global supply base of electro-mechanical contract manufacturers.
• Ability to review and understand engineering design documents for mechanical and electromechanical parts.
• Experience developing, leading, and executing global supplier cost reduction strategies.
• Experience with contract negotiation and execution with high volume domestic and internationally based contract manufacturers.
• Demonstrated use of technical, analytical, and management skills to lead RFQ analysis and supplier selection in NPI programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple stakeholders, responsibilities, and delivering multiple first-of-their-kind programs with aggressive schedules.
• Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office .
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Industrial or Operations Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with Tableau analytics.
• Experience with ERP and PLM , preferably Oracle EBS and Agile.
• Basic SQL skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top