Sr. Cloud Support Engineer - Project Kuiper
- Sapporo, Japan
Join Amazon's Project Kuiper! This is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role you will be a key member of the team providing the tools and systems needed to design, build, and operate the organization's internal IT services. You will own and operate infrastructure critical to Project Kuiper including engineering applications and AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team. While you will come to our team with your own diverse experience, you will have the ability to further develop your skills and grow your career within one of our most innovative programs.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong communication skills, has project management experience and a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. You should expect to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
You are responsible for the design, deployment, and operations of engineering applications on AWS to support the team's mission. You will work collaboratively with internal teams to intake requirements and deliver a customer obsessed experience to Project Kuiper specific tools.
• Works with a wide range of technologies, and AWS products. Build AWS Application Environments including VPC, EC2, RDS, EFS, ElastiCache, and S3.
• Drive secure collaboration efforts to accelerate Kuiper projects.
• Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality. Design and operate operational excellence for Project Kuiper tools including CloudWatch and AWS SNS monitoring and alerting.
• Drive automation of environments for scalability of the team.
• Work with other application owners to perform various system and database schema changes.
• Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of experience in Systems Administration and Engineering
• 5+ years of experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system
• 5+ years managing engineering team tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
• Experience with scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
• Strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
• Experience building on AWS (EC2, RDS, EFS, ElastiCache, S3)
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment
• Experience with mission critical systems
• Ability to track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems
• Experience in supporting hardware development or aerospace industry.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top