Sr. Cloud Financial Management Specialist, ISV (Seattle, NYC or SF Bay Area)
- Bengaluru, India
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. Do you have the business and technical acumen to collaborate across multiple business owners to help drive successful IT transformation and adoption? Would you like to be part of a team focused working with customers to ensure they're leveraging the full economic potential of AWS through financial management?
Cost and operational effectiveness to support the adoption of new technologies is key to accelerating the business and technological benefits of the AWS platform. AWS offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT by focusing on paying only for what you need. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about working directly with customers to help organizations adopt new processes, purchasing strategies, and cross-functional collaboration to embrace technologies at scale and to ensure long-term customer success.
As Financial Management specialist, you will have the opportunity to engage with some of the largest customers in the world to help transform the way they purchase, manage, and optimize IT services. You will engage with customers' Enterprise IT, Operations, and Finance teams to implement best practices for adoption and cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how customers can optimize their usage of AWS, services not considered, working to reengineer internal people and processes, and working with partners to ensure ongoing success. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets, have a familiarity of IT transformation within large organizations, and working directly within the executive suite. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers to other internal parties.
LOCATION FLEXIBILITY: Position may be located in Seattle, NYC or San Francisco Bay Area. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
• Become the subject matter expert in all cost and commercial related aspects of the customer life-cycle
• Provide customers with cost related insights, metrics, and KPIs
• Educate and enable customers with tools to successfully manage and IT spend
• Assessing reporting and analytic needs of customers and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs.
• Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within customer organizations
• Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
• Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices
• 7-10 years of business development and IT management or IT Finance experience.
• 7+ Years of experience management consulting, IT transformation consulting, product management, program management and/or business process design experience
• 2+ Years of experience working with cost management
• Hands on experience managing AWS Costs highly desired
• Experience in ISV or management consulting highly desired
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top