Sr. Cloud Economics Business Value Specialist - Global Accounts
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on assessing the comparative costs and Return on Investment (ROI) of migrating and running applications on AWS by engaging directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels? Can you take complex IT infrastructure and virtualization scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting models and financial assessments that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, technical depth, program management, deep modeling & analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in computing?
As a Economics Business Value Specialist within AWS, you will help AWS Global & Strategic Account customers shape their strategies and IT financial models, and quantify both the cost and value benefits of running applications in the . To do this, you will collaborate with AWS sales teams to engage prospective customers to share best practices finance strategies and build board-ready migration business cases. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of Finance, Business and IT leaders.
Your responsibilities will include driving ROI/economic related BD activities within AWS, supporting the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and products teams on ROI/economic related customer engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures and quantification of value benefits. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of computing to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments, and be capable of creating detailed cost models for these environments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities to influence decision makers in a consultative selling approach (preferably through previous consulting, sales or similar customer experience) to progress decision making through their personal involvement with developing and presenting a compelling business case.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
• Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams, drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our customers.
• Develop a standard ROI framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, BD and marketing teams.
• Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
• Create a repository of Economic cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
• Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
• Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the when compared to a traditional data center environment.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on cost and business value related issues
This position may be based in our Seattle, NYC, San Francisco, or Boston locations.
• 7-10 years of value engineering, IT finance, management consulting, or technology-oriented equity analyst experience in modeling & business economic analysis
• Experience creating and presenting business cases to non-technical decision makers
• Experience working with C-Suite executives
• Understanding of AWS product line, customer on-premise IT infrastructure, and experience in building migration business cases highly desired.
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles
• The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
• Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
• Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and .
• Previous sales or presales experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top