Sr. Cloud Consultant TS/SCI (Virtual with Travel)
- United States
VIRTUAL Location for those willing and able to travel to the Washington DC Area (Northern VA), San Diego, St. Louis, Denver or Dallas 3+ days a week
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class diverse technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Please apply if you are looking to:
Be passionate about working at AWS and live our credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be willing to take on any challenge and make a significant impact for your customer.
Enjoy working with Intelligence Community customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of Intelligence Community customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make meaningful contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create exceptional solutions built on AWS.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications or equivalent education experience
• 5+ years of software development tools and methodologies
• 5+ years of experience with documentation and written communication.
• 3+ years of experience of presenting to executives, IT Management, or developers
• Technical degree required or equivalent experience.
• Ability to travel domestic up to 50%
For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email Josh May at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, software, DevOps and networking
• Experience with Linux
• Experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
• Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
• Understanding of Federal Government application, server, and network security requirements such as ICD 503, FISMA and FedRAMP.
• Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For those with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top