Sr. Category Procurement Program Manager - Seattle, WA or Nashville, TN
- Munich, Germany
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Category Procurement team is seeking a Program Manager to support the execution of Amazon's Base Building Maintenance (BBM) program for Global Customer Fulfillment. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon, including Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME), Finance, Workplace Health & Safety (WHS), Operations, and others, in support of delivering a world class maintenance program for our fulfillment operations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense motivation to learn. You must be an effective communicator and be able to work independently and as a leader of peers to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and often ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to partner with vendors and internal partners at every level.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Support implementation of category sourcing strategies for Base Building Maintenance programs.
• Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to understand the specific needs of the Reliability & Maintenance Engineering organization and site operations.
• Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets business goals.
• Act as a market intelligence provider for BBM categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed.
• Develop Supplier Relationship Management processes and tools to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon.
• Create and automate Procurement standard reporting.
• Build the category metrics model based on input from the Category team to track and monitor performance to the category strategy.
This role is open to Seattle, WA or Nashville, TN. Relocation to either location is expected within 90 days of June 2021.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, IT, Economics, or related field
• 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience
• 2+ years in an indirect procurement function
• Experience with project management (design through implementation)
• Experience working with external suppliers
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookup, etc.) and Outlook
• Travel up to 20%
• MBA or Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or a related field
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience using purchasing and inventory management tools (e.g. Coupa, ERP, EDI)
• PMP certification
• Proficiency Tableau, Quicksight, or other data visualization tools
• Experience with Project Management tools (e.g. MS Project, Asana, Smartsheet)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top