Sr. Category Merchant Manager - Video Games & Software
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Video Games & Software team is looking for a self-starter, customer-obsessed Senior Category Merchant Manager (CMM) to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace. The CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of a fast-growing category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across a variety of internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, adaptable, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has effective writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The Sr. CMM will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy; conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
• Business Development: Work closely with Marketplace teams to help recruit strategic sellers and drive sales in new categories; identify the right fee structures for different category segments to maximize topline growth.
• Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage large Sellers and enhance overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Project management: Lead a variety of projects that impact Video Games, Software, and the broader Consumer Electronics organization; create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
• Customer Experience: Innovate with our sellers to drive optimal customer experience across the 3P business for Video Games & Software.
• Cross-functional teams coordination: Influence and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
• Bachelor's degree
• Background Consulting, program management, vendor/partner management, consulting or related field
• Effective analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills and basic SQL skills
• Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with thoughtful attention to detail
• MBA or related Master's degree
• Experience in consulting and/or retail/consumer products industries
• P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
Back to top