Sr. Category Merchant Manager, Canada Hardlines
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Canada Hardlines team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Sr. Category Merchant Manager (CMM) to help shape the future of our third-party marketplace. As the Sr. CMM, you will manage the entire portfolio of third-party merchant accounts, drive revenue growth and traffic, conduct regular business analysis and reporting, and manage projects working with our technology teams to build an extraordinary customer experience. The Sr. CMM role offers an unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of multiple, fast-growing P&Ls while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across a variety of internal and external teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The Sr. CMM will have several key responsibilities within the third-party marketplace side of the business, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and sales growth through timely analysis and action.
• Business Development: You will work closely with marketplace teams to help recruit strategic sellers and drive sales in new categories.
• Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage large Sellers and enhance overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Project management: Lead a variety of projects that impact both Hardlines and the broader Canada business.
• Customer Experience: Innovate with our sellers to drive optimal customer experience across the Canada third-party business.
The successful Sr. CMM must be able to:
• Act as the 'business owner' for his/her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives).
• Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
• Manage seller relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure deals and marketing funds.
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
• Bachelor's degree required
• A strong background (5+ years with Bachelor) in product management, vendor/partner management, management consulting, or finance is required
• Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• MBA or related Master's degree preferred
• Familiarity with SQL (basic queries)
• P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
Back to top