The successful candidate will aggressively expand the business by initiating vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, developing promotions, and monitoring and reacting to industry trends. We expect the Senior Category Manager to be a passionate, customer and category advocate within Amazon. You will be an effective leader and communicator, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems.
It is still Day 1, and you will be tasked with establishing and building key performance indicators while owning product strategy, vendor engagement and experience, financial outputs, and regular updates to senior leadership. As a Senior Category Manager within Amazon you will get to work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption, segmenting customers and developing business models, defining and analyzing success metrics, and managing strategic projects.
• Build product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
• Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
• Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions. Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach the company's financial goals
• Collaborate with vendors and merchandising teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
• Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
• Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance Amazon's position. Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk Partner with Instock/Planning to meet operational goals
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key supplier and supply chain partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
• 8+ years' professional experience in vendor/partner management, product/program management, supply chain management or finance
• MBA or related Master's degree
• SQL Proficiency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
• Comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
• Previous experience with P&L responsibility and track record of delivering strong financial results
• Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.