Sr Category Business Development Manager
- Bangalore, India
The Sr. Category Business Development Manager (3P) will lead categories for marketplace teams, and will need to identify areas of selection expansion, improvement in selection efficiency, top line growth and key projects for the category he/she handles. In doing so, he/she will engage with multiple stakeholders across the organization including Category, Product, Sales & Business Development and Account Management teams. He/she will champion the requirements for his category, through the sales funnel, and drive initiatives to influence conversions, with the category teams. He will need to act as both a thought leader and influence execution through other stakeholder teams. He will be expected to represent the category in top brand/seller meetings, and internal meetings alike.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Managing the seller relationship by championing the seller's needs at Amazon. Build strong communication channels at all levels of the seller's organization, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and manage towards a growth plan.
• Managing and driving the growth of the category business: Lead launches, build and execute on a strategic plan that delivers on key business opportunities for the category, sellers and Amazon.
• Managing key improvement initiatives and projects: Drive new product launches and relationship extensions by partnering with the business development and onboarding teams.
• Work with top sellers to improve strategic and operational aspects of their business in providing a great consumer experience.
• Analyzing the business: Conduct deep dive analysis and provide routine executive-level reporting on the category's current topline and future opportunities. Publish recommendations and action plans based on data.
• Providing thought leadership around planning, roadmaps and execution
Bachelor's degree 6+ years of experience in sales or account management
Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction. • Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business "by the numbers". Must be metrics-driven. • Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented. • Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce desired • Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage • Prior experience influencing C-level executives is highly desirable. • Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment. . MBA preferred.
Back to top