Sr Capacity Planner AWS Support
AWS was named as the leader in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Magic Quadrant report for the 6th consecutive year in 2016. The Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Worldwide; Gartner placed AWS in the "Leaders" quadrant and positioned AWS as having both the furthest completeness of vision and the highest ability to execute. From start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments, more than 1 million active customers trust AWS every month as their cloud platform. Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other IT vendors, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services since 2006. Additionally, Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples being named one of the most admired company in the US, one of the most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. We are looking for a Senior Capacity Planner to deliver innovative solutions to complex technical problems in a customer centric manner.
As the Senior Capacity Planner for AWS Support, you will work closely with the regional site leaders and the global BI teams to play a key role in improving the financial and operational performance of our global operations team. You will be responsible for measuring, designing and planning support engineer deployment in a global environment to ensure outstanding customer experience while balancing support costs. In addition, you will be responsible for optimizing workflow, staffing and routing to ensure the right engineer is connected to the right customer at the right time. You will also act as the voice of the engineer and provide inputs to the engineering teams as they build products for workforce management and skill based routing. You will also liaise with the finance, partner and program management teams to help our expansion across multiple regions.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, knowledge of statistical best practices, and an analytical mindset to enable tactical workflow planning and proactive responses to service level challenges. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
- Apply advanced case routing techniques to provide best-case outcomes to our customers' individual needs.
- Work with Amazon Web Services engineers to help improve service level and customer experience.
- Work with the regional leaders to optimize shift plans and schedules.
- Work with workflow managers in other regions to ensure alignment in approach and a consistent experience for customers.
- Work with the worldwide planning management teams to ensure alignment in strategy to global planning.
- Develop reports showing the effectiveness of our teams and highlight opportunities for increased productivity.
- Work with product management and operations teams to help build utilities and tools for internal use.
- Leverage day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer/engineer to internal AWS teams.
- Participate and contribute in global capacity planning and budgeting exercises.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or quantitative field (engineering, economics, mathematics, business administration).
- 4+ years' experience in workflow management, logistics, supply chain management and/or capacity planning.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading large-scale workflow management or Operations oriented projects in technical support organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing scheduling and RTA practices and delivery in multi-channel (phone, email and chat) global technical support organizations.
- Experience using various statistical tools for queue modelling, shift planning, service level optimization and communicating results, plans and/or risks clearly.
- Knowledge of and hands on abilities in BI tools, data warehousing and big data.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or MBA.
- Programming / scripting experience (Java, Python, R, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP).
- Experience working with geographical diverse teams is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with sales, operations and engineering teams is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top