Sr. Camera Test Engineer
- Perth, Australia
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Senior Camera Test Engineer you will be responsible for defining and implementing manufacturing and test processes for image capturing modules and devices. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface among the internal engineering and operations teams as well as our OEM partners.
• Work with the OEM's New Product Operations teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM and DFT principles.
• Investigate and introduce new manufacturing test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency.
• Develop test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the ODM including identification, specification, design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and diagnostic software.
• Evaluate image capturing performance at development stage and drive test requirements, specs and limits with Engineering Development Team.
• Develop, review and execute equipment requirement plans to support new product manufacturing and test.
• Work within Operations, PD, HW and SW engineering departments to implement and optimize efficiency.
• Bridge the gap with OEM partners by supporting development builds and production.
• Support cost reduction and sustaining activities.
• This position requires travel internationally.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations of PCs, handheld devices, or consumer electronics
• Working knowledge on Window, DOS, Android, Unix and Linux environment
• Direct responsibility for development and implementation of manufacturing test software and have done actual programming/coding
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Ability to work independently and ensure timely and accurate communication
• Experience working with International OEM Partners
• Experience working with camera, audio and electric test
Amazon- Lab126 is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top