Sr. Business Value Specialist, Partners--AWS Cloud Economics
- Perth, Australia
Would you like to be part of a team focused on growing adoption of Amazon Web Services ("AWS") across the world's largest multinational organizations? AWS enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading computing platform. AWS is growing very rapidly with over one million active customers in over 190 countries.
As the Economics Partnerships Lead you will have the opportunity to develop and execute the strategy to help customers understand and achieve the economic potential of AWS through our partners. You will help AWS partners learn how to build business cases which quantify the benefits of running their customers applications on AWS as well as support their customers in effectively and efficiently managing their infrastructure. To do this, you will work with various AWS groups, teams and leaders. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of partner IT leaders. You will be expected to be the focal point for AWS partners for all Business Value and Financial Management activities.
Your responsibilities will include driving Economics activities with AWS partners, supporting the development of partners' organic capabilities to conduct Economics customer engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of traditional and AWS IT applications and infrastructures. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our partners properly evaluate customers' IT opportunities from a Economics perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of both partners and customers. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the business value of computing to partner IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. This candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of Economics, helping to drive the Economics aspect of AWS Partner Marketing and Sales engagements.
• Develop a standard engagement framework to drive AWS partners involvement in Economics engagements.
• Serve as a central resource for partners to help develop their organic Economics capabilities.
• Serve as a key source of market insights into how our partners view the economic benefit of using AWS vs. traditional IT solutions.
• Prepare and present partner Economics business reviews to the senior management team.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis (25-50%)
• Bachelors degree
• Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
• 5 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
• 5 years of experience working with partners in the IT industry.
• Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and IT Infrastructures
• Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs
• Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
• Management Consulting background highly desired.
• Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers or infrastructure is highly desired.
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical
• Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top