Would you like to be part of a team focused on growing adoption of Amazon Web Services ("AWS") business across the world's largest multinational organizations? Do you have the business and technical acumen to collaborate across multiple business owners to help drive successful IT transformation and cloud adoption? AWS enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing platform. AWS is growing very rapidly with over one million active customers in over 190 countries.
Amazon has consistently innovated not only in a technological sense, but also to meet the evolving needs of large enterprises. The AWS cloud offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT by focusing on paying only for what you need and use. Understanding the value of cloud technologies is a key element to accelerating the adoption of AWS. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about inventing, simplifying, and scaling our value benchmarking initiative.
As a Cloud Economics Benchmarking Specialist in the global Business Value program, you will have the exciting opportunity to create and evangelize new benchmarking studies, which help customers understand KPI-related benefits they can achieve on AWS. This requires building standardized Business Value assessment tools, processes, content, and messaging for internal customer-facing teams and external audiences. You will work cross-functionally to understand requirements, approaches, tools, and needs of a diverse group of internal and external users. This will include developing go to market plans for benchmark studies and assessing innovative ways to apply benchmark insights to help customers with value-based business cases for cloud adoption. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers to other internal parties.
He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex topics, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with cross functional internal stakeholders to design studies and communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
• Develop and conduct new benchmarking studies to help customers understand the financial and operational benefits of the cloud.
• Own the entire benchmarking study process and relationship with external vendors. Including creating RFPs, and evaluating, selecting and managing vendors.
• Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
• Develop and execute go to market and scaling mechanisms for new studies to assist customers with holistic, value-based business case development for cloud adoption decision-making.
• Design and manage program impact tracking metrics for management reporting.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree
• 5+ years experience in management consulting or corporate strategy
• 5+ years as a Value Engineer or Business Value Specialist
• Experience working with senior executives
• Experience working in large technology or highly matrixed organizations
• Understanding of AWS product line or other Cloud offerings
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Strong business acumen, analytical, and with a degree of technical depth
• Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as leadership abilities
• An understanding of drivers that impact large-scale cloud migrations
• Experience driving high-impact projects spanning multiple teams with numerous stakeholders
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.