Sr. Business Manager
At AWS Professional Services (ProServe), we are building a global professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements around the world, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To further accelerate our growth and scale, we are looking for a Senior Leader with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills for a role akin to the "Chief of Staff" supporting the WW leader for ProServe.
In this role, you will partner with the Senior Leadership team in the strategic planning process, the annual, quarterly, and monthly rhythm of business, and day-to-day operations management of the quote-to-cash lifecycle. You will be responsible for scoping and delivering many projects end-to-end, requiring collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. Additionally, you will drive operational improvements in the areas of BizOps, workflow, communication and strategic planning.
This is a leadership position that will involve leading a direct and global matrixed team of Business Operations Specialists.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. In this role you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- 10+ years in a global hi-tech Professional Services Organization – preferably in a delivery (customer facing role) operational
- 5+ years of experience in a chief-of-staff capacity
- Track record for managing complex projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Strong financial, analytical and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Expertise in agile project mgt practices
- Familiarity with AWS and the Cloud Computing Platform
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top