Customer Service Worldwide Defect Elimination (WWDE) organization drives Amazon towards a defect free customer experience by building technology that rapidly identifies defects, associates them with the information required to resolve the root cause, and prioritizes the multitude of improvement opportunities based on business and customer needs. To help continue expanding our defect elimination program, WWDE is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE).
A BIE on WWDE partners with Software Developers, Research Scientists, and Product Managers to provide insights on customer feedback, create key performance indicators for our products, and assist in feature engineering and model development. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment experience measuring product performance and partnering with product owners to answer key questions.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and competing priorities. In this role you will be responsible for helping understand customer feedback, measuring performance of our product and resolutions, assist in developing statistical models. This role has significant impact on the customer experience by directing their feedback to leaders who can drive action and ensuring that negative experiences are improved.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
• 6+ years of relevant employment experience.
• 6+ years of hands on experience with SQL across multiple platforms such as Oracle, Redshift, and MySQL
• 5+ years of experience in driving actionable insights and successful completion of 5-10 high business impact projects
• 3+ years of hands on experience with SQL across multiple platforms such as Oracle, Redshift, and MySQL
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
• Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world
Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Machine Learning or related technical field.
• Experience in gathering requirements and formulating product metrics for reporting and analysis.
• Experience in SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
• Experience in driving actionable insights and successful completion of 5-10 high business impact projects
• Experience in Machine learning (decision trees, multivariate and logistic regression, kNN, kMeans, etc.).
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau
• Working knowledge of statistical methodologies.
• " Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers"
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief."