Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer - Voice of Customer
- Seattle, WA
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is a Customer Service organization enabling Amazon to become Earth's most customer-centric transportation provider by supporting multiple customer segments including drivers, recipients, shippers, property managers, global sellers, and storage owners across a rapidly growing portfolio of logistics products and services. We leverage technology including automation, self-service, associate tools, and machine learning to resolve customer issues proactively, and when contacts are required, handle them with quality and efficiency.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will work closely with other Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Product and Program Managers to generate actionable insights that guide operational excellence and product development for emerging transportation products and services, innovating on behalf of our customers. Data analysis is at the core of Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our team. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. Your efforts will help change the way customers receive packages, and will help to solve logistical challenges at Amazon scale.
This role requires a customer obsessed individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and business acumen. You are a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, possess a strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. You have a strong bias towards data-driven decision making, and are excited by the prospect of collaborating with internal and external teams to define and implement solutions that will yield benefits to Amazon customers around the world.
• Apply data mining, quantitative analysis, and statistical models to understand how our customers interact with us and identify ways to improve the customer experience and meet our goals
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Build scalable solutions and self-serve platforms that will provide insights to inform business decision making
• Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior and reduce defects
• Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
• Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering, economics, statistics, applied mathematics, data science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience in business intelligence, analytics, statistics, data engineering, data science or related field
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Excellent working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using complex SQL.
• Direct experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Inquisitive mindset, with proven problem solving ability, and a passion for big data
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a diverse audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
• Ability to engage with and influence senior leadership across a variety of functions and business lines.
• Experience coding with scripting languages (R or Python) for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and automation.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
• Experience using visualization packages and scripting languages to automate reporting
• Experience in designing and analyzing A/B tests
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top