Sr Business Intelligence Engineer - Small Business Empowerment
- San Diego, CA
We are looking for a talented Sr Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Small Business Empowerment team to deliver data tools to support small businesses on Amazon. This person will be instrumental in designing new ways to measure our progress and identify opportunities to deliver value for small businesses. Our mission is to better understand the needs of Small Businesses WW, ensure that Amazon is aware of their needs and share externally what Amazon is doing for Small Businesses. The ideal candidate will be skilled with database design and comfortable working with large and complex datasets to generate insights to help small businesses thrive on Amazon. They will be comfortable working across a wide range of stakeholders and translating business requirements into meaningful data insights. The ideal candidate will also have a bias towards automation. As we invent new ways to measure our performance, we will need a talented Sr Business Intelligence Engineer to build the data infrastructure to help the program scale. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, a natural curiosity and someone who likes to own big impactful projects. The ideal candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions.
• Establish and maintain AWS data cluster to enable recurring and ad hoc data analysis
• Design, build and maintain databases to enable new insights into the success of small business on Amazon and allow the program to scale.
• Develop dashboards and other business intelligence tools to enable the business team to access data self-serve
• Write and optimize SQL queries to analyze data from database tables (e.g., Redshift, MySQL, Oracle).
• Manage and execute projects from end-to-end including project management, data gathering, modeling, analysis and communicating insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in data analytics or business intelligence space
• Advanced skills in data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
• Proven experience with BI data tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Quicksight
• Demonstrated experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Proven experience using AWS technologies (Redshift, S3)
• Advanced degree in Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field.
• 7+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experienced in data warehousing, data modeling concepts and Redshift data environments
• Experience with building multi-dimensional data models to serve as a foundation for future analyses
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top