Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Prime Video Store
- London, United Kingdom
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events as part of their Prime subscription. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are seeking a (Sr.) Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) for our Prime Video Store business across Europe. As BIE you will work closely with our business and finance teams building statistical or machine learning models that drive performance improvements for the business. Key focus areas will be customer insights and engagement as well as overall process optimization. You will act as a consultant to the business surfacing deep insights, providing easy to use tools for analysis and reporting as well as generating actionable learnings for the team. Data-driven decision-making is at the core of Amazon's culture and this role will have a direct impact on the decisions and strategy of the Prime Video Store across multiple territories in Europe.
The role can be based in Munich or London.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work with Marketing, Vendor Management, Content Acquisition Management and leadership to identify data needs and requirements
• Build mechanisms to surface knowledge and learnings about to the business
• Set up and maintain self-service infrastructure (e.g. dashboards) for the team in Tableau
• Generate and present concrete and actionable insights and recommendations for leadership based on sound methodological analysis
• Proactively create new metrics that represent key inputs/outputs of the business
• Support automation processes across the team
• Work closely with finance team on regular analyses and reporting
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, or a highly quantitative field, or equivalent
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts
• Experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist, Applied Scientist, Data Engineer, or similar roles
• Excellent SQL writing skills and solid experience with Excel and working with databases
• Proficient in scripting language (Python, R, Scala, or others)
• M.S. in computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, or a highly quantitative field, or equivalent
• Experience in translating business requirements into data models
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
• Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques
• Expert in at least one scripting language such as Python, Scala, or Java.
• Experience with BI visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, or others)
• Experience using AWS services such as Amazon Redshift and S3
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Back to top