Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer - Logistics
- Vancouver, Canada
Sr Business Intelligence - Amazon Logistics:
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you? If so, the WW Amazon Logistics, Last Mile team is for you. We manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner to deliver a smile for our customers.
Amazon Logistics is looking for a customer focused, analytically and technically skilled Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to drive effective performance measurement and management, innovation and execution in last mile delivery. This position will be responsible for playing a key role in our BI team building out analysis and visualization tools and processes' to support our growing Amazon Logistics business in NA and WorldWide.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively retrieve, integrate, visualize and present critical data to improve the efficiency of the package delivery network, and enable efficient management of a large global logistics system. This individual will work with technical and business teams to optimize planning, execution, process improvement and track progress against goals. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoy working with large scale of data.
Core Job Responsibilities include:
• Partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
• Partner with Data Engineering and Software Development Engineers to prioritize and define AMZL data and BI development needs
• Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams to identify new BI capabilities and projects
• Conduct deep dive investigations into operations execution and business problems, identify opportunities, and lead or support implementation (role varies by opportunity).
• Analyse and visualize large scale geo-spatial logistics and transaction data to determine user behavior or delivery process problems, and output solid analysis report with recommendation.
• Serve as liaison between the WW Planning and Analytics team and the operations business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current delivery performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
• MBA/MS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning or advanced degree.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs.
• Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality.
• Recent experience applying visualization tools such as interactive GIS visualization and processing systems, Tableau, QuickSight, Qlik View to data elements.
• Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
• Customer focus and professional demeanor.
• Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
• Ability to understand operations at a detailed, practical level and to think big / strategically
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• MBA or quantitative graduate degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
• Project Management experience and/or Tech product management experience
• Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
• 8+ years of relevant work experience building end to end solutions to performance measurement and process improvement in a transportation, logistics or supply chain setting.
• Demonstrated excellence in working with operations teams.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top