Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer - Global Supply Chain
Are you a visionary looking for an opportunity to think big and challenge the status quo? Can you assist Amazon develop a holistic supply chain strategy that will optimally flow billions of items from hundreds of thousands of suppliers to tens of millions of customers each year? The Long Term Supply Chain Strategy team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to develop and own world class metrics responsible for defining the vision of the North American fulfillment network. As team member you will be a thought leader, working cross functionally with engineers, research scientists, operations, and business leaders to assist in designing the network of the future. Your data will drive deep insight into the development of new fulfillment concepts while improving overall customer experience and reducing cost of fulfillment.
This roles metrics will drive investment in new capacity and transportation options over a 5 year period. As a BIE you are responsible for providing actionable performance metrics in a format that is easy to digest at the highest levels in the organization. These business metrics will highlight areas of risk and opportunity, performance outliers, and assist in making well-informed, data-based business decisions. Metrics such as Average Cube per Unit, Peak Inventory Turns, Product Mix, Shipped Units Growth, etc. along with a host of supporting analytics will be deployed through a combination of Machine Learnt and Authoritative analytics. Sample analysis includes models and metrics defining long-term scalable topology, capacity requirements based on inventory type, inventory placement, and data supporting ops solutions which enable growth of new business opportunities
If you have a strong background in data extraction, dashboard creation, predictive analytics, and business insights, this is the right role for you. The BIE will create and improve upon timely, relevant, and actionable insights, making recommendations that help drive operations planning and decision making. You will also help drive new data engineering, data warehousing and data querying capabilities that may not yet exist but will be critical in the coming year(s).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the design, development, evolution, and management of all long term supply chain metrics
- Create a frictionless and self-serve environment for business teams to source data for SVP document reviews
- Analyze key inputs and metrics to identify anomalous trends and create appropriate alerts and workflows
- Partner with tech teams to define requirements for new tools and metrics and influence tech solutions roadmap
- Plan and facilitate the deployment of large change management initiatives related to adoption of standardized process and analytics
- Ability to perform/own reoccurring and ad hoc business intelligence projects
- Develop standardized metrics to evaluate and benchmark pertaining to long term supply chain planning.
- Basic Qualifications
- B.S. degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years' experience in relevant field
- Experience in using SQL to analyze data in a database or data warehouse and be able to use a major programming (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
- Basic data modeling and fundamental core database concepts
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools such as OBIE and Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Past experience working with business functions (e.g. sales, marketing, finance) within a company and/or customers
- MBA or Master's degree in related field (mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field)
- 7+ years' experience in relevant field· Experience in SQL to analyze data in a database or data warehouse and be able to use a major programming (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
- 5+ years of experience working in a Supply Chain environment
- Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to influence without authority, clear communication and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge in predictive analytics using tools such as R and SAS
- Experience with developing forecasting models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top