We are looking for an entrepreneurial Sr. BIE to start a consumer business project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this project, you will lay the foundation for Amazon's future retail technology and serve a wide range of external customer needs. We are tackling some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and highly scalable services for entirely new customers.
In this role, Sr. BIE will work closely with PMs, TPMs, and engineers to deliver insights and drive business decisions. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills, and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collect, analyze and share data to help make strategic product decisions
• Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards that will support our analytical and business needs
• Create new metrics and reporting to measure impact of new product launches and customer engagement
• Work with PEs to discuss data models to implement in new products
• Learn and understand a growing range of Amazon data resources and discover how and when to use which data sets
If you are motivated by the opportunity to build transformative technology-driven products from scratch and using analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems, join us in making history!
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into product/operational/business planning.
• Proficiency with SQL, ETL, data warehouse, Tableau, and other common analytical tools.
• Demonstrated ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to both business and technical teams
• Be self-motivated, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with limited data.
• Entrepreneurial drive, general manager/owner mentality
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Experience using AWS technologies
• Experience working in large data warehouse environments
• Demonstrated ability to influence across a large, multi-faceted organization