Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
The EU Amazon Launchpad team is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to step change how we are measuring, analysing and running the business across Europe. The successful person will be responsible for setting and implementing the strategy to build a world-class data infrastructure, metrics set, and reporting suite. Whilst an individual contributor role the person will be responsible for creating and managing a network of data champions and SMEs across the EU organisation as well as training and empowering the whole team to analyse the business in a more effective way. You will be part of the EU Amazon Launchpad leadership team, reporting to the GM. In addition to these core responsibilities you will also be responsible for defining and driving the selection strategy for Amazon Launchpad, shaping the programs growth in EU. The successful candidate will thrive at analyzing and modelling very large data sets, diving below the surface to identify the root cause and the "so what" rather than just superficial trends. They will also love directly driving as well as participating in cross-functional projects that will directly impact the commercial performance of the business. This role can is based in Luxembourg with some travel around the EU and to the US.
• Design and build the framework and strategy for Business Intelligence for the overall EU Amazon Launchpad business.
• Work with the business teams to define all key performance metrics for our EU business, and own the building of these metrics in part through leveraging what exists today and other teams.
• Own and/or sponsor our most complex and highest importance big data and analytical projects for the EU business which will unlock significant top and bottom line growth.
• Build relationships and partner closely with other BI teams across EU Seller Services, International Seller Services, and WW Amazon Launchpad.
• Upskill and empower the EU team of 40 people in data insights through ensuring we build self-service reporting tools and dashboards and training the team in basic data and SQL/tableau skills.
• Be part of the leadership team of the EU Amazon Launchpad business, a strong voice in helping shape our overall strategy and contribute where possible to our overall business priorities and goals.
• Build and indirectly manage a network of data champions and SMEs across the EU countries and different teams within our business.
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
• Strong data analysis skills - e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, regression modelling, forecasting, data mining and experience in market and business analysis.
• Experience solving complex problems - you must be able to think laterally and solve extremely ambiguous problems quickly and comprehensively.
• Advanced SQL and business intelligence experience.
• Experience with Python, R, VBA, or other automation-focused languages.
• Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines.
• • Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, fluent English is required.
• • Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining.
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
• Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena, etc.
Back to top