• Amazon is looking for a detail oriented and highly motivated Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team in Seattle, WA (South Lake Union).
Are you interested in driving significant packaging waste reduction efforts for Amazon's global Sustainability organization? At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. In this role you will be responsible for developing and scaling sustainable e-commerce packaging standards and sustainable packaging solutions across all of Amazon.
This role will be responsible for developing, enhancing, automating and managing business models using strong quantitative skills. They will build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, deep dive root causes of operational issues or challenges, drive process improvements, build KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics, and document systems and processes for internal publication.
• Collect, identify, and prioritize analytical problem statements to ensure the BI team works on the highest impact projects and earn stakeholder trust.
• Own the design, development, maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Propose, define and align leaders on the right metrics to track business performance and own end-to-end production of these metrics.
• Formulate analytical business problem statements, executing the analysis and presenting insights in crisp business language.
• Develop clear communications for recommended actions.
• Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives. This includes causal analysis on program launches and its impact on the business.
• 5-7+ years of professional experience in statistical analysis, data modeling, and data mining
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field
• Experience in SQL and relational database systems
• Proficiency in Tableau, PowerBI, or another advanced data visualization and/or dashboard tool
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
• Written and verbal skills to effectively communicate to both business and technical teams, including defining business requirements and conveying key insights from complex analysis
• Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to both business and technical teams
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Expert in SQL and relational database systems
• Experience using AWS technologies (Redshift, S3)
• Experience using Python (NumPy, Pandas)
• Demonstrated ability to influence across a large, multi-faceted organization
• Experience using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
• Self-driven, showing ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with limited data