Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Prime Analytics
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment delivering innovative solutions? Are you excited by the challenge of analyzing billions and billions of rows of data related to our customer's engagement with Prime?
Amazon Prime is looking for a passionate, insightful, results-oriented business intelligence engineer to help manage our ever-growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. At Amazon Prime, understanding customer data is paramount to our success in providing customers with relevant and enticing benefits such as fast, free shipping, instant videos, streaming music, free Kindle books and many more in the US and international markets. You will focus on the design and end to end execution of self-service reporting, membership/pricing analytics, data support for economic modeling, demographic segmentation, and decision support dashboarding to enable business and finance leaders to create and manage the future of Prime.
- Analyzing billions of rows of data and driving insights related to our customer's engagement across an ever-expanding portfolio of benefits
- Interfacing with business and finance customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve some of the most complex challenges at Amazon.
- Supporting ad-hoc / project-based analysis on WW Prime member engagement and benefits usage.
- Developing Tableau expertise across product, business and finance teams globally, to drive adoption and increase visibility into key measures of business performance.
- Proposing and prioritizing changes to reporting and creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements.
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and insights.
- Championing best practices in data acquisition, Identifying data needs, and driving data quality improvement projects.
Amazon Prime is one of the highest-visibility groups across Amazon, and central to the Amazon flywheel. This is a tremendous opportunity for Business Intelligence leaders who want to develop creative, new and innovative ways of interacting with and interpreting business key performance indicators, and shape the future of the membership engagement. We're looking for innovators who want to create reliable and scalable solutions. You will have a chance to work not only with our team but also representatives from business teams around the world, to work hard, have fun, and make history.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 6+ years of experience as a BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources, or in an analysis or research role with progressively increasing responsibility.
- An expert in Tableau based dashboarding including being able to design scripting solutions
- Proficient in using SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Previous experience with NoSQL (i.e. DynamoDB).
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Master's or higher degree in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift, RDS, Hadoop etc.
- Familiarity and comfort with statistics and use of statistical applications such as R.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top