Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer - Amazon Books, Amazon Go
Amazon is looking for a customer focused, analytically and technically skilled senior business intelligence engineer for Amazon Go and Amazon Books, Amazon's first-ever brick & mortar retail stores.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA.
Amazon Books is a brick and mortar store that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer.
This position will be part of the business analytics team responsible for building out analysis, visualization tools and processes for Amazon Books and Go business. The successful candidate will be able to retrieve, integrate, visualize and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data.
- Analyze and visualize transaction data to determine customer behaviors, and output solid analysis report with recommendation
- Serve as liaison between the Business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning or advanced degree
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs
- Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality. • Recent experience applying visualization tools such as, Tableau, AWS QuickSight
- Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
- Customer focus and professional demeanor
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Programming experience in Python, Java, C++ or other language
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with business and technical teams
- Organizational skill and an operations mindset
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top