Amazon is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Collaborative Shopping team that helps Amazon customers build shopping Lists, Share products, and Chat online. Amazon Collaborative Shopping team is an integral part of the Amazon shopping experience and our vision is to create the most seamless and inspiring interest based experiences to help customers save, discover, evaluate, curate, and collaborate with their community in their shopping journey. We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to help drive the evolution of Collaborative Shopping experience. The role will use data and insights to improve features and content such as Amazon List, Social Share, Online Chat etc. You will play a key role in analyzing Collaborative Shopping data by leverage big data solutions, relevant reporting tools and advanced data science practices to deliver insights and improve Collaborative Shopping product and features. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with SQL, ETL, data warehouse concepts, data modeling, business analysis, reporting, scripting, descriptive & inferential statistics and creating Insights. The candidate should be able develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to your business area. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
As a Senior BI engineer, you will be a technical leader in our team and own the technical architecture of our BI and Data platforms. This role will be responsible for generating new insights to help guide the strategic direction of our products and businesses. You will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and ongoing analysis to enable data driven decisions across our team and with partner teams.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute queries across multiple data sets to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
• Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy trends that impact the business.
• Collaborate with product, technical, and operational leaders to gather data and metrics requirements.
• Retrieve and analyze data using a broad set of Amazon's data technologies and resources, knowing how, when, and which to use.
• Write high-quality SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data from various data platforms (ex. Redshift, AWS S3, Amazon Internal Platforms/Solutions).
• Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Scope, build and own technical data warehouse processes to help the business scale.
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field.
• 6+ years of quantitative and qualitative business intelligence/data science experience with significant business impact.
• A strong grasp of SQL and at least one scripting or programming language.
• Demonstrated strength in ETL development, data modeling, and data warehousing.
• Advanced analytical skills in data visualization tools like Tableau, QuickSight or similar BI tools (familiarity with Tableau preferred).
• Master's degree in BI, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related field required.
• Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
• Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases - Redshift (preferred), Teradata.
• Experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning software.
• Experience with Tableau.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required, both verbally and written.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.