Customer Service Worldwide Defect Elimination (WWDE) organization drives Amazon towards a defect free customer experience by building technology that rapidly identifies defects, associates them with the information required to resolve the root cause, and prioritizes the multitude of improvement opportunities based on business and customer needs. To help continue expanding our defect elimination program, WWDE is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, Business Intelligence Manager.
As a Business Intelligence Manager for Amazon WW Defect Elimination (WWDE), We are looking for high caliber talents to bring in innovation and simplicity to the space. There are no textbook solutions to the problems we are solving and very few attempts have been made to solve at Amazon's scale, which necessitates deeply analytical thinking to solve problems. To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable diving deep and making data driven decisions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly analytical, and intensely detailed with a strong customer focus and perspective to drive strategy in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and competing priorities. In this role you will be responsible for helping understand customer feedback, measuring performance of our product and resolutions, assist in developing statistical models. This role has significant impact on the customer experience by directing thier feedback to leaders who can drive action and ensuring that negative experiences are improved. This position is open for Seattle, Austin, Dallas and other Amazon Corporate locations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 12+ years of relevant professional experience in an analytics, data science, business intelligence engineer(BIE) or comparable consumer analytics position
• You possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
• You are a self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction, and you enjoy working in a team of highly engaged individuals
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, SQL, R, Statistical tools, ETL, data architecture, Data Visualization and data mining experience.
• Proven track record of successfully implementing BI Solutions in an agile environment, across the entire project lifecycle
• Demonstrated excellent project management skills
• Experience in leading analytical teams and experience of planning and implementing analytical and reporting projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Good team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations
• Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems
• Experience working within a high-growth technology company and attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Prior experience leading teams (direct reports)
• Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
• Previous experience in business driven analytics, budget, forecast, and/or financial analysis
• Interest in technology and how it impacts the future of reader behavior
• Demonstrated track record of translating analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
• MBA, Computer Science, Information Technology or related advanced degree
• Physical retail experience
• Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
• " Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers"
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief."