The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to help us accelerate our efforts in delivering an evolving IMDbTV business. This person will build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these data sets to answer business questions and drive growth.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
• Bachelor's Degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
• Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Experience coding and scripting independently and developing and defining queries to harness and store data
• Experience with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• 3+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
• Advanced capabilities with productivity software such as Excel and Access
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.